Knee Surgery Specialists at Medical City Frisco
The orthopedic surgeons and knee joint specialists at Medical City Frisco's Joint Restoration Institute and Minimally Invasive Joint Center offer a full range of complex and minimally invasive orthopedic procedures to help alleviate knee joint pain and provide increased flexibility and mobility. Patients with joint diseases such as degenerative arthritis, as well as those suffering from sports-related knee injuries have many options, including total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, revision knee surgery and knee cartilage replacement.
Knee Replacement Surgery at Medical City Frisco
Knee pain that no longer responds to heat, ice, rest and over-the-counter anti-inflammatories or has become frequent, constant or severe should be evaluated by an orthopedist. Not all patients with knee pain will need surgery, but if your doctor has determined that it is your best option for pain relief, you have choices.
- Total knee replacement surgery, which replaces a diseased or injured knee joint with an artificial hinge joint
- Minimally invasive total knee replacement surgery, including quadriceps muscle-sparing total knee replacement, with benefits which may include:
- Smaller incision
- Less pain
- Faster recovery
- Less scarring
- Partial knee replacement surgery, also called unicompartmental or bicompartmental knee replacement, which replaces just one or two of the three compartments of the knee and can provide a more natural feel and the chance to keep more of your own knee ligaments
- Patellofemoral replacement, a type of partial knee replacement surgery that involves resurfacing the back of the kneecap and front of the thighbone
- Total knee resurfacing surgery, which removes damaged knee joint tissue and uses a metal cap to create a new, smooth joint surface
- Revision knee surgery, which is corrective surgery performed when the original knee replacement implant becomes worn, loose or infected
For some people with knee joint pain, especially pain caused by osteoarthritis or aseptic necrosis (avascular necrosis or AVN), cartilage replacement may be a better option than total knee replacement. Advanced technologies and new surgical techniques have now made it possible to implant living cartilage in diseased and damaged knee joints. Talk to your orthopedic doctor to see if knee cartilage replacement might be right for you.
Pre-Operative Knee Replacement Classes at Medical City Frisco
Pre-operative knee replacement classes are available for all patients scheduled for knee replacement surgery. The class provides information regarding preparation for your upcoming surgery, hospital expectations during your stay and information to continue a successful recovery after discharge.
Classes are held on the 1st and 3 rd Wednesday of every month at 1 p.m.
For information about the class or to register please contact the Joint Replacement Coordinator at (972) 806-1510
Joint Replacement Coordinator Contact InformationNicole Stewart, MSN, RN, ONC
Joint Replacement Coordinator
Medical City Frisco
5500 Frisco Square Blvd
Frisco, TX 75034
Fax: (469) 713-8597