Elbow Surgery at Medical City Frisco
Elbow surgery is done under general or regional anesthesia. Surgeons create entries to gain access into the elbow joint. The entries are placed strategically to minimize the potential damage to nerves, blood vessels, and tendons. Through one entry, a camera will be placed to allow surgeons to fully see below the surface. Through the other entry, small instruments are used to fix the problem related to the elbow.
Elbow surgical treatments at Medical City Frisco
- Removing Loose Debris: Elbow joints collect loose cartilage as a result of arthritis
- Removing Bone Spurs: Bone spurs may form around the join and impede normal motion of the joint
- Loosening the Joint Capsule: When the elbow joint becomes stiff as a result of an injury, trauma, or surgery
- Assessing Cartilage Damage: Osteochondritis dissecans
- Tennis Elbow: Microscopic tearing of the tendons outside of the elbow joint